GoHighLevel allows you to integrate directly with Twilio, a third-party communication and engagement platform.
When you connect both platforms, you combine the power of Twilio's SMS messaging capabilities with GoHighLevel CRM. This means you can now make calls, send and receive SMS messages, and use WhatsApp functions in your marketing campaigns.
With this integration, your business can use Twilio to make calls or send and receive SMS messages within the GoHighLevel platform.
In this post, we will explore how to integrate GoHighLevel with Twilio, and how the integration can benefit your business.
GoHighLevel Twilio Integration
In this guide, we're going to show you exactly how you can set up Twilio for your GoHighLevel account and connect both platforms.
How to Set Up a Twilio Account for GoHighLevel?
To use Twilio with GoHighLevel, you need to first set up an account with Twilio.
- Go to the Twilio website and set up an account. It’s free and you don’t need a credit card to get started.
- Once your account is activated, you’ll be provided with a trial phone number. However, the use of this trial number is limited so you’ll need to upgrade your Twilio account by purchasing a phone number.
- You can upgrade your Twilio account by purchasing a phone number for $1.15.
Doing this will allow you to use Twilio fully from within the GoHighLevel platform with no limitations.
How to Connect Twilio With GoHighLevel?
To start using Twilio in GoHighLevel, you need to integrate both platforms.
- Login to your GoHighLevel and go to Settings.
- Then, click on Phone System - Twilio.
- Copy and paste your Master Twilio credentials (Twilio account SID and Auth Token) into the box provided by GoHighLevel.
- Then, check the required box and click on Save.
How to Purchase A Twilio Number In GoHighLevel?
After verifying your Twilio account and connecting it with GoHighLevel, you need to purchase Twilio phone numbers to use for your sub-account from within the GoHighLevel platform.
- Switch into your desired sub-account and go to Settings. Then, click on the "Phone Numbers" button to add or import numbers.
- Next, click on Add Numbers and select the country and area code you want to purchase a number. A list of available numbers will appear and you need to choose the one you like.
- Click Save.
After completing this step, you will be able to use the purchased phone number for SMS, phone, and WhatsApp functions for campaigns you create in the GoHighLevel CRM platform.
Also, note that you will need to purchase a unique phone number for each sub-account (client) that you have.
Twilio Pricing - How Much Does Twilio Cost?
Twilio offers simple, flexible pricing options for its product suite. For phone numbers, they charge a fixed cost of $1.15 each. The cost of calls or SMS messages varies and depends on your country.
There are no tiered pricing plans and Twilio charges for its services on a pay-as-you-go or committed-use basis.
In case Twilio doesn’t work for you, there are alternatives you can rely on for calls and SMS needs.
GoHighLevel has a built-in alternative to Twilio called the LC-Phone System. It was designed to help you purchase phone numbers and set up the phone, SMS, and WhatsApp services you need for your campaigns. No need for any third-party phone provider.
LC – Phone System offers excellent delivery rates and increased security, and it costs less (about 10%) than Twilio.
Moving to LC - Phone System is pretty easy. Go to Settings while logged in to the Agency dashboard. Then, click Phone System – Twilio. Here, you’ll find the option to switch to LC – Phone System.
Note: You can use LC - Phone System for some sub-accounts and continue using Twilio for others.
Twilio Interactions API has a limit of 20 requests per second per endpoint per account. If this limit is exceeded, the API will return an HTTP 429 status code. Usage should be handled accordingly on the customer's side to ensure that the API is used effectively.
Yes, you can send outgoing SMS messages to any number using Twilio. You only need to ensure that your phone number is compatible and SMS-enabled. To check if your number is SMS-enabled, check out Twilio's list of supported countries and their capabilities.
Should You Integrate GoHighLevel With Twilio?
By connecting your GoHighLevel account with Twilio, you gain added customer engagement functionality and open up your business to more possibilities.
You’ll be able to access additional call, SMS, and WhatsApp functions for your campaigns, as well as purchase phone numbers for your clients.
In the long run, this would help you streamline your communication processes and manage customer interactions effectively.
All of Our GoHighLevel Integration Guides
HighLevel is an amazing platform, but you know what? It's even better when integrated with your favorite marketing tools. Check back frequently as we'll be updating this section regularly with more guides.
More GoHighLevel Articles:
- GoHighLevel Review
- GoHighLevel Pricing Guide
- GoHighLevel Free Trial
- GoHighLevel Discounts
- GoHighLevel University
- GoHighLevel Vs ClickFunnels
- GoHighLevel Vs ActiveCampaign
- GoHighLevel Vs Kartra
- GoHighLevel Snapshots
- GoHighLevel App
- GoHighLevel Zapier Integration
- GoHighLevel For Marketing Agency
- Build a Website With GoHighLevel
- GoHighLevel Magic Links
- GoHighLevel Hipaa Compliance
- Where to Find GoHighLevel Experts?
- GoHighLevel Alternatives
- GoHighLevel Affiliate Program
- GoHighLevel CRM
- GoHighLevel Mailgun Integration
- GoHighLevel Quickbooks Integration
- GoHighLevel API Guide
- GoHighLevel Content AI
- GoHighLevel GMB Integration
- GoHighLevel Facebook Ads Integration
- GoHighLevel Twilio Integration
- What To Sell With GoHighLevel
- GoHighLevel Automations Guide
- Make Money With GoHighLevel
- GoHighLevel for Digital Agencies
- Top GoHighLevel Affiliates