For businesses operating in the medical/dental industry, the security and safety of patients' information is extremely important.
This is why your GoHighLevel set up needs to be HIPAA-compliant.
In this post, we'll look at what GoHighLevel HIPAA compliance entails and how your medical business can adhere to it.
Is GoHighLevel HIPAA Compliant?
As a company, GoHighLevel is fully HIPAA compliant and has met the requirements of the Privacy Rule and Security Rule. However, standard GoHighLevel user accounts and sub-accounts aren’t compliant by default. They must purchase an add-on to be HIPAA-compliant and ensure that their patient's medical information is protected.
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA means the Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act.
It is a United States legislative act enacted by the United States Congress and signed into law by President Bill Clinton on the 21st of August, 1996.
This act was created to offer data safety and security provisions for safeguarding medical information in database management systems.
It contains five titles (or sections) which include:
- Title I — Health Insurance Reform
- Title II — Administrative Simplification
- Title III — Tax-Related Health Provisions
- Title IV — Application and Enforcement of Group Health Plan Requirements
- Title V — Revenue Offsets
HIPAA Title II, also known as the Administrative Simplification provisions, is the section that mostly concerns digital marketing and online businesses.
For your online business to be compliant, it MUST strictly adhere to the guidelines contained in Title II.
GoHighLevel HIPAA Compliance Features
HIPAA Title II has two core requirements that apply to the relationship between GoHighLevel (a customer Agency), and the agency's client (the Practice):
GoHighLevel has worked with The Compliancy Group consultancy to become HIPAA-compliant with the two requirements (Privacy Rule and the Security Rule) in Title II.
Because of this, HighLevel can enter into Business Associate Agreements (BAA) with customer agencies.
However, your agency must also be in full compliance with Title II for the personal health record data of your client’s patients to be protected.
Doing this will ensure that you can enter into a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with your client Practice.
Subscription Requirements for GoHighLevel HIPAA
For your GoHighLevel-powered digital agency to be fully verified, you must buy and integrate the HIPAA compliance add-on.
It’s a paid upgrade and goes for $297 per month (or $2970 per year).
Accounts on any GoHighLevel subscription plan can purchase the HIPAA Compliance add-on.
Here’s how to buy the HIPAA Compliance add-on for your online business:
- Log into your HighLevel account, or click here to start a trial, and go to your dashboard.
- Click on Services and Marketplace.
- Next, select HIPAA Compliance.
- Follow the instructions shown onscreen to get the add-on.
Once HIPAA is purchased and enabled, the setup will automatically apply to all locations within your account and cannot be deactivated. Then, you can offer HIPAA compliance to your clients and earn extra income.
Verdict: Is GoHighLevel Right for my HIPAA-compliant business?
If you’re working in the medical and dental industry, your business needs to be HIPAA compliant.
GoHighLevel is the perfect CRM and marketing software platform to host your business because it makes it easy to get the compliance you need.
With $297 per month, you can get the necessary HIPAA compliance for your whole agency account with full encryption and all security rules enabled. Enabling this compliance ensures that your patient's information is secured.
And if you’re confused, you can check out the HighLevel support portal for help to ensure that your business is fully compliant.
More GoHighLevel Articles:
- GoHighLevel Review
- GoHighLevel Pricing Guide
- GoHighLevel Free Trial
- GoHighLevel Discounts
- GoHighLevel University
- GoHighLevel Vs ClickFunnels
- GoHighLevel Vs ActiveCampaign
- GoHighLevel Vs Kartra
- GoHighLevel Snapshots
- GoHighLevel App
- GoHighLevel Zapier Integration
- GoHighLevel For Marketing Agency
- Build a Website With GoHighLevel
- GoHighLevel Magic Links
- GoHighLevel Hipaa Compliance
- Where to Find GoHighLevel Experts?
- GoHighLevel Alternatives
- GoHighLevel Affiliate Program
- GoHighLevel CRM
- GoHighLevel Mailgun Integration
- GoHighLevel Quickbooks Integration
- GoHighLevel API Guide
- GoHighLevel Content AI
- GoHighLevel GMB Integration
- GoHighLevel Facebook Ads Integration
- GoHighLevel Twilio Integration
- What To Sell With GoHighLevel
- GoHighLevel Automations Guide
- Make Money With GoHighLevel
- GoHighLevel for Digital Agencies
- Top GoHighLevel Affiliates