Pabbly is one of the best sales and marketing software programs available, and it can help you grow your business, but as a new-kid-on-the-block software solution, many business owners want to know if it's legit or not, and safe to use for their business.
There's also the matter of their data breach and still a lot of confusion about what happened, and if it's been fixed or not.
We took a closer look when we reviewed Pabbly, and will breakdown our thoughts in this article.
Is Pabbly Safe & Legit?
Pabbly is totally safe and legit - but it's not without issues.
User complaints online mostly focus on beta features, buggy software, customer service issues, etc.
Pabbly is also GDPR compliant, which means that it meets the strict data protection requirements of the European Union.
According to their landing page, Pabbly is trusted by over 27,000 customers worldwide, and we have not seen any recent negative reviews about its security. That doesn't mean there aren't negative reviews, however.
Although Pabbly did have a data breach in 2020, the company has since taken steps to improve its security and is now considered to be a safe and reliable software.
Pabbly Data Breach
In January 2020, a data breach happened in their software tool, Pabbly Email Marketing, a cloud-based email marketing feature from Pabbly. This breach exposed the personal data of over 51 million users, including email addresses, names, and phone numbers.
The breach was caused by a misconfiguration in Pabbly's database, which allowed anyone to access the data without authorization.
Pabbly responded to the breach by taking the database offline and notifying affected users. This data breach is a reminder of the importance of data security.
Businesses that collect and store personal data should take steps to protect that data from unauthorized access.
In addition to the tips above, businesses that use Pabbly Email Marketing should also:
- Monitor their email marketing campaigns for signs of abuse, such as a sudden increase in spam or phishing emails.
- Revoke access to any Pabbly accounts that are no longer in use.
- Be vigilant for phishing emails that may be sent in an attempt to exploit the data breach.
Pabbly Security Features
Pabbly takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of security features to protect your data. These features include:
- 256-bit SSL encryption: All data is transferred between your browser and Pabbly's servers using 256-bit SSL encryption, which is the same level of encryption used by banks and other financial institutions.
- Two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication is available for all accounts, which adds an extra layer of security by requiring you to enter a code from your phone in addition to your password.
- Deletion of old information: Pabbly will delete email verification data and reports older than 15 days.
- Phishing Emails:If you receive an email from a Pabbly member asking you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, it is likely a phishing email. Pabbly will never ask for this type of information in an email.
Verdict: Should You Trust Pabbly For Your Business?
Pabbly has worked hard on their privacy and security, and it is a good fit for small and medium businesses with low marketing budgets, that said, there are plenty of other marketing and automation tools that have a better track security track record out there.